The icing on the cake came today, I have been nominated by the wonderful Plain Jane for the Liebster Award (a bit of an explanation of what this is about is here). I have been enjoying Jane's blog so much and to read her lovely comment on my blog today has really humbled me. Please pay her a visit to her inspirational blog.
The rules are that I answer 11 questions set by Jane, give 11 random facts about myself and also to nominate 9 more wonderful bloggers.
So Coco, keep the seat warm, I may be a while...
Here goes, grab yourself a drink and a cup cake (my daughter said that!) and I hope you enjoy.
Questions from Jane:
1. If you could only have two courses of a three course meal which ones would they be?
This would have to be the main and the dessert. Mainly because the main usually has more flavours and the dessert, well, obvious really!
2. Choose three words to sum you up.
Creative, conscientious, witty (in the words of my Mum and daughter - along with a few others which I won't put down!)
3. Which film last made you cry?
Ghost, it always gets me!
4. What animal would you most like to be and why?
A cat. Independent, loyal, loving and warm.
5. Is there a smell that take you back to your childhood?
Don't laugh, Jeyes Fluid. When we lived in London they used to clean the drains with this. I instantly think of concrete every time I smell this!
6. What would your Desert Island disc be?
Beautiful Day by U2. Absolutely LOVE this track.
7. Where do you most like to be?
Standing at the Cutty Sark in Greenwich, looking forward to walking around the Maritime Museum and Observatory. (Me and my late Grandad's favourite places)
8. Potatoes - chipped, mashed or roasted?
Chipped (from the chippy - preferably London chips, you can get no better...I'm now salivating!)
9. What quality do you most admire in others?
I adore people who are unique and refuse to change to fit in. These wonderful people are the happiest and inspirational people I know.
10. Sky Dive or Bungee Jump?
Neither, I do not do heights. I found this out when wanting to be a female firefighter!!
11. What words of wisdom would you pass on to others?
In the words of the P!nk song 'You've got to get up and try, try, try'.
11 Random Facts About Myself:
1. I love Carry On films and will happily watch them ALL day. Carry on Screaming is a classic. What is even better is that my kids are laughing along too.
2. Never, ever, let me near a paper shredder. I shredded a coat once when just coming into work and opening the blinds, don't ask, incredibly embarrassing, even more so as I was so hysterical that I couldn't get the words out to explain what I had done.
3. I have the usual phobias such as spiders, clowns, and squeezing cotton wool(?!), but my main one is...drum roll...Belly Buttons!! Enough said!
4. I have the ugliest feet in the world (no I'm not attaching a picture as my bunions are throbbing due to the rain outside)
5. When I was pregnant with both Miss Teenager and Mr Teenager I had a huge craving for Rennies. So much so that hubby knew when Miss Teenager was on the cards, as I was chomping away on the Rennies before the pregnancy test.
6. I walked across a hospital car park wearing my skirt inside out! (I was working for one of the Directors at the time!
7. I like saying 'D' in Klingon (I'm not a Trekky though).
8. I find the words 'Moist', 'Plinth' and 'Gusset' very very funny!
9. I absolutely loathe hot weather. Flies, smelly people, not being able to breathe. :o(
10. I love Only Fools and Horses.
11. My nose was broken by my Dad when I was 9. We were playing cowboys and indians with my two brothers and I was tied to a stool. The dog (a very large Alsation) brushed against the stool and I went forward with only my nose to stop me. My Dad lifted me to see the damage, and dropped me again as he can't stand the sight of blood. A very interesting chat happened before the ambulance came to say not to say to the nurses that my Dad had tied me to a chair!! We laugh now!
The Questions for my Nominees are:
1. What's your favourite month of the year and why?
2. What is the most embarrassing moment of your life?
3. What made you start blogging?
4. What makes you laugh and why?
5. What is the weirdest thing you have eaten?
6. What was your least favourite Christmas present and why?
7. What is your favourite film?
8. What first name would you have preferred to have been called?
9. When gardening, gloves on or gloves off?
10. What is your favourite ice cream flavour?
11. Sunday lunch, roast potatoes or mashed potatoes?
And the Oscar goes to...sorry, My Nominees are:
Queen B Creative Me
Playing with my Camera
Annies Little Plot
Grow our Own
A Woman of the Soil
Fabric Paper Thread
Well, that took some doing! It was snowing a bit earlier but now it is dark outside and we have about an inch that has fallen. Remember my post earlier this week and it was springlike here, well here we are back in the depths of winter once again. Before and after (after being taken this morning - now more snow!), what a week!
Have a great weekend everyone and I hope you have enjoyed a little look at my random facts.