Sweetbriar Dreams

So where shall we go on our journey today?

Wednesday 28 December 2016

Seasons Greetings from London

I must apologise for being a little absent over the festive period.  I made the terrible mistake of changing my camera which drained my inspiration, my patience, my love of seeing things differently.  For such a small piece of technology, it surprised me how much the sap was washed away from my limbs.  So, to cut a very long story very short, my tried and tested Big Bertha is now back with me and my sense of rhythm has been restored!

www.sweetbriardreams.blogspot.co.uk

So, how were your holidays?  Did all your weeks (or months) of planning work out for you?  Have you come out the other side unscathed?  I have decided to change my outlook on this festive season now that the teens are older, and make things a little easier.  How?  I don't know yet, but I have plenty of time to rethink over the next few months!

Now, enough of the talking, let's get to some shots I took with my mobile phone on the 23 December in London!  Am I mad?  Yes, said my friends, and No we won't be joining you!  Well, let me tell you, the best time to visit Regent Street and Piccadilly Circus in December is the last office working day!  I kept thinking that it was a bad idea to book theatre tickets for Miss Teen and Miss B so close to Christmas, but it really was the best thing in the end.  Once they were safely inside, I then took off on my own, stopping off at places, sitting down on the steps of Trafalgar Square, drinking coffee, shopping, watching street entertainers... it was absolute bliss!  So, here we go, a visual festive treat for you... (just hover over the photo for the description)

www.sweetbriardreams.blogspot.co.uk

www.sweetbriardreams.blogspot.co.uk

www.sweetbriardreams.blogspot.co.uk

www.sweetbriardreams.blogspot.co.uk

www.sweetbriardreams.blogspot.co.uk

www.sweetbriardreams.blogspot.co.uk

www.sweetbriardreams.blogspot.co.uk

www.sweetbriardreams.blogspot.co.uk

www.sweetbriardreams.blogspot.co.uk

Once the girls were out of the theatre, we decided to leave early for the Tube as we thought it would be an absolute nightmare down there. I was more than pleasantly surprised...the carriages were half empty!  Empty carriages at 6pm?!  Kings Cross, busy but still plenty of seats on the train home and in plenty of time!

www.sweetbriardreams.blogspot.co.uk

The moral to my madness?... We're doing it again next year!!  To have those three hours of 'me' time was incredibly satisfying and a little Christmas treat to myself.

Sorry again for taking so long to post, hopefully life will calm down a little now that I have been reinstated with my camera, and I can now soak up the inspiration from those special and cherished people who surround me.

18 comments:

  1. So what camera gave you Hassel? You took some good ones with the phone. I stopped blogging till the new year, need a break

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bill, it was a Canon and I just kept getting frustrated with what it couldn't do. I don't have a lot of patience :D

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing these wonderful pictures.
    I'm flying to London on 1st Jan.
    Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore walking the London streets with you. Thank you for sharing your adventures and always carrying your camera.
    Happy New Year!!!
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Connie! Hopefully I will be walking those streets again very soon! I hope your celebrations go well :D

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a wonderful outing on the 23rd. London is such a fascinating city.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I comes alive at night Lorrie! I think this will now be a very enjoyable new tradition!! xx

      Delete
  5. Looks good as always. My comments don't seem to be appearing on your blog. Not sure why.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I think there is some sort of blip on the delivering of some kinds of messages, so will get Blogger to look into it. Because of spam comments on occasion, I have to allow any comments after seven days have passed from the last blog post. Take care xx

      Delete
  6. It's not so much the quality of the pictures but the subject...I get to see a city I've never been to. Wonderful!

    I hope you had a very Merry Christmas, Chel!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your photos beautifully capture the excitement of being in London just before Christmas...the light angels are particularly amazing! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. As usual, love your photos! I'm not much of a city person but London at Christmas looks so exciting. I love the Fortnum and Mason photo. I remember in "All Creatures Great and Small" that James Herriot would get hampers from F and M from Mrs. Pumphrey as a thank you for caring for Tricki Woo. They were very nice too. Belated Merry Christmas and wishes for a wonderful new year

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun Chel. Thanks for letting us come along. Happy New Year.
    xxoo
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for being brave enough to go to the city right before Christmas and giving us such beautiful pictures! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your pictures are lovely. I too went from the Midlands to London on 23rd. It was my first visit for over 20 years. I did all the museums in the day and ended up at a magical Carol service at St Paul's Cathedral. I wasn't brave enough to use the tube though and walked all the way from Euston to St Paul's then all the way back to Marylebone.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, I love reading your comments and will answer either by email or on the blog. You can also email me privately in my side bar. Have a great day x

Other Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...